St. Joseph Trauma and Emergency Care - Construction Progress
Welcome and thank you for visiting! We're excited to share with you our progress on the construction of our new, modern, state of the art 24,500 square foot Emergency and Trauma Center.
With the most advanced trauma team in the region already, our new Emergency and Trauma Center will complement the care we deliver with more space, privacy, and amenities for our patients.
Our new Center continues our legacy of excellence in emergency care.
Watch our progress – LIVE!
With construction now underway, the Center is expected to open in early 2016 and be located south of the existing patient tower. Press “play” below to watch a time lapse video of construction in progress.
Unmatched care… now delivered in an exceptional facility.
Vincent Ohaju, DO
St. Joseph Health System
Trauma Medical Director
Prior to joining St. Joseph, he served as the Associate Chief of the Division of Surgery for Essentia Health at St. Mary’s Medical Center in Duluth, Minnesota. Ohaju received his medical degree from the University of North Texas Health Science in Fort Worth.
We have developed the best, most advanced treatment available. Our doctors and staff are some of the most knowledgeable, experienced medical professionals in the world.
The trauma program at St. Joseph is a verified Level II Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons, and a designated Level II Trauma Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services. This verification and designation* makes St. Joseph Regional Health Center the highest level trauma center in the region.
Even though we've already developed the only Level II Trauma Program in the region, we're investing in a new Emergency and Trauma Center that will provide residents of the Brazos Valley with even better access to advanced emergency care services.
You asked for more privacy. We're incorporating private treatment rooms that are more comfortable –and large enough for your loved ones to be by your side.
When time is crucial, we beat the clock. St. Joseph's new Emergency and Trauma Center will make our trauma teams even more efficient when treating serious incidents. Treatment of stroke, heart attack, auto accidents, or head and fall injuries include a race against the clock. That's why we've created an environment that streamlines every aspect of treatment.
St. Joseph’s New Emergency & Trauma Center
By constructing an all-new facility we've been able to design an Emergency and Trauma Center specific to the growing needs of our community while including the latest advances in emergency and trauma care, and improving efficiency.
According to CDC data, St. Joseph's emergency department cares for patients more acutely ill than national averages. That’s why we refuse to settle in the comfort of our achievements. We are fully committed to continual improvement –and fully prepared to help.
Our new Emergency and Trauma Center will:
- Include private, spacious rooms
- Address the needs of special populations including seniors and patients with unique behavioral health needs
- Provide more convenient access to select areas within the hospital
- Include a second and third helipad
- Provide more space to support our EMS partners
St. Joseph's Trauma Program – fully prepared and close to home.
St. Joseph is the most advanced –and only Level II Trauma Center –between Houston, Temple, Austin and San Antonio.
- Our Trauma Centers are ready when you need us, covering over 10 counties. We work as a team with over 10 EMS agencies across the Brazos Valley to ensure patients receive the most advanced trauma care possible. St. Joseph regularly shares best practices and innovations –not just in the counties where we provide the primary 911 response –but everywhere our trauma reach extends
- St. Joseph is the primary 911 Service Provider for Burleson County, Grimes County, and Madison County
- Aaron Buzzard, MD a St. Joseph Emergency Physician, is the Medical Director of the Bryan Fire Department
- St. Joseph's Trauma Program is one of only a handful in the nation that operates both a ground and air ambulance service
- St. Joseph AirMedical is housed at our hospital in Bryan. Crew members gain hospital experience in the ER and trauma care while rounding with ER physicians and trauma surgeons. The result is seamless coordination of care