Support for you and your family.
Our cancer specialists are fully dedicated to providing you and your family with loving care and support throughout your cancer treatment and the healing process.
The St. Joseph Cancer Center offers a comprehensive program that is committed to a multidisciplinary team approach to cancer treatment. Cancer specialists in every discipline, including social work, nursing, physical therapy, and exercise therapy are available to you as one of our patients.
At St. Joseph, you’ll have access to the support and services you need, plus an entire team of compassionate cancer specialists alongside you every step of the way.
Social services for practical, step-by-step support.
The Oncology Nurse Patient Care Navigator provides services to aid patients in receiving accurate and timely cancer treatment by coordinating appointments and services, building strong relationships with other healthcare team members, keeping communication lines open with patients, and by maintaining truly patient- centered care.
The navigator makes referrals and connects patients with appropriate services such as Social Workers, Clergy, Nutritionist, Financial Counselors, Physical Therapies, Research Nurse, Palliative Care and Hospice Services.
The Social Worker provides information about resources, options within the community, and coordinates service delivery. Our trained cancer social worker is an integral part of the health care team and contributes to the development and coordination of each patient’s overall cancer treatment plan, working with the patient, family and other members of the healthcare team.
The social worker considers the whole person –in his or her environment –and uses a bio-psychosocial assessment to identify each individual's needs during and after cancer treatment. These may include, but are not limited to: physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, financial, sexual, recreational, relationship, safety, legal, family and care giving.
The social worker also functions as a resource for the uninsured patient by gathering and assessing information regarding the patient’s financials, and making appropriate connections with community or governmental resources.
Support services before, during, and after cancer treatment.
- NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network) screening standards
- Breast cancer support groups
- PET therapy is available in both the Radiation Oncology and Medical Oncology settings (both outpatient and inpatient)
- Advanced Palliative Care/Pain Management Services
- Hospice Care
- Valet service for patients who need help in and out of their vehicles
- The St. Joseph Wellness Program offers treatment options to cancer patients. Cancer doctors can make direct referrals for the following services to best meet each patient’s individual needs:
- Physical therapy
- Lymphedema therapy and management
- Gym and water exercise
- Massage therapy
- Nutrition services
Meaningful community outreach.
The following is a sampling of the many community outreach activities that we sponsor, host, and participate in.
- St. Joseph Cancer Center is closely partnered with the local American Cancer Society and will be hosting some of their events, such as Look Good Feel Better
- Annual Brazos County Health & Safety Expo
- The St. Joseph Cancer Program was represented at the Pink Heals Tour
- Staff members of the Cancer Center are active members of the American Cancer Society of Brazos Valley Board of Directors, the Surviving & Thriving Committee, and the Quality of Life Board of Brazos Valley.
- Pink Carnation Sunday - An event at local community churches that ensures we are able to educate men and women about cancer
- Annual Cancer Survivor Celebration to celebrate and show support for our survivors and their families
Call today. Because you have so many reasons to get better.
Your answer to cancer is expert care, with unmatched support and closer to home. It's all at St. Joseph. Call us today to schedule your no-obligation initial consultation. Our caring team of experts will help you understand your options and talk through the decisions you’ll need to make. When it comes to your cancer care, we’ll help you with everything we've got. Call (979) 774-0808 or email: email@example.com