Know Your Stats
The Best Defense Against Prostate Cancer Begins at 40
Know Your Stats About Prostate Cancer
- Prostate cancer is the most treatable when caught early!
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime1
- African American men are more than twice as likely to die of prostate cancer2
- Estimated 217,000+ men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in 20103
- Prostate cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death among men1
If you're 40 or older, talk to your doctor about getting a baseline PSA (prostate-specific antigen) test along with a physical exam, and create a prostate health plan based on your lifestyle and family history.
If you or someone you know wis diagnosed with prostate cancer, talk to your/his doctor(s) about all available treatment options. Visit www.knowyourstats.org to download a list of key questions to ask your doctor.
Talk to you doctor today.
1: "What are the Key Statistics About Prostate Cancer?" American Cancer Society. www.cancer.org. Accessed June 24, 2010. 2: American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures for African Americans 2009-2010. 3: "Prostate Cancer" National Cancer Institute, U.S. National Institutes of Health. www.cancer.gov. Accessed June 24,2010.