Sports Medicine Q & A
What is Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine is a branch of healthcare that addresses prevention, treatment, rehabilitation of athletic injury. A Sports Medicine team can include Physicians, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, and the individual patient.
Can only “athletes” visit a Sports Medicine Professional?
Anyone can see a Sports Medicine Professional! Our Physical Therapists and Athletic Trainers work with all ages and activity levels, specializing in athletically-minded injuries and individuals.
Why St Joseph BVSM?
St Joseph BVSM is the most comprehensive sports medicine service in the area. Our trained team cares for all athletic injuries, including recreational and competitive, and specializes in knee and shoulder injuries. As a patient of St Joseph BVSM, you can benefit from an interactive staff of several disciplines:
- Sports sedicine trained physicians
- Physical therapists
- Athletic trainers
- The entire St. Joseph Health System
The St Joseph BVSM team shares a common commitment to professional and personal excellence. We have a physician that is fellowship trained in sports medicine as well as other orthopedic surgeons. Our goal is to provide our patients with the highest standard of care possible. You will receive an individualized treatment and rehab program designed to return you to your previous level of activity as quickly and safely as possible.
St Joseph BVSM can offer you:
- Athletic injury evaluation
- On-site radiology (X-Ray) services
- On-site physical therapy for injuries
- Athletic training consultations
- Sport specific conditioning program
- Custom knee bracing
- Injury prevention outreach
- Community speakers
What exactly can Sports Medicine do for me?
Our Sports Medicine Professionals can do more than just treat your injury. Our Physical Therapists and Athletic Trainers can:
- Treat athletic injury
- Strengthen the body to reduce injury
- Create exercise protocols to prevent Injury
- Rehabilitate the body when injury does occur
- Increase balance, agility, performance
- And much more!
We approach athletic injury holistically, addressing the whole body and not just a single area of your body.