The first step in the recovery process is to discover the extent and severity of an injury by being assessed by an Athletic Trainer.
St Joseph Sports Medicine Athletic Trainers want to provide you with the highest standard of care possible in rehabilitative and preventative services. Whether you are recovering from a sports related injury or work related injury, our highly trained staff can work with you to achieve your goals in spectacular manner.
What is Athletic Training?
Athletic trainers help prevent and treat injuries for people of all ages. Their clients include everyone from professional athletes to industrial workers. Recognized by the American Medical Association of allied health professionals, athletic trainers specialize in the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation or muscle-skeletal injuries. Athletic Trainers employed in the state of Texas must be licensed by the Texas Department of Health Services and maintain current CPR and AED certifications. Athletic trainers work under the supervision of a licensed physician, and in cooperation with other health care providers.
Athletic trainers often are one of the first health care providers on the scene when injuries occur, and therefore must be able to recognize, evaluate, and assess injuries and provide immediate care when needed. They also are heavily involved in the rehabilitation and reconditioning of injuries. Athletic trainers should not be confused with fitness trainers or personal trainers, who are not health care workers, but rather train people to become physically fit.
Athletic trainers often help prevent injuries by advising on the proper use of equipment and applying protective or injury preventive devices such as tape, bandages, and braces. Injury prevention also often includes educating people on what they should do to avoid putting themselves at risk for injuries.
St Joseph Sports Medicine Athletic Training Services:
- Athletic injury assessments at patient’s school or athletic events
- Athletic training coverage for:
- School districts
- High school or community athletic events
- Short term or long term medical coverage tailored to your organization’s needs
- Direct access to Orthopaedic Associates Physician Group (five orthopedic surgeons and two orthopedic physician assistants )
- Saturday morning injury clinic
- Specialized knee brace fitting (off the shelf and custom) and other types braces available
- On-site injury prevention consultations
- Athletic event site preparation
- Educational speakers and presentations addressing sports injuries, injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Comprehensive St Joseph Sports Medicine Concussion Program
- Cognitive testing utilizing concussion vital signs
Call us today to get started!
St. Joseph Sports Medicine
2803 Earl Rudder Frwy, Suite 102
College Station, TX 77845
Phone: (979) 731-5274
Fax: (979) 731-5275
Additional Location Information and Maps available here.