Volunteers... Making a Difference Everyday
At St. Joseph, volunteers are an integral part of our healthcare ministry. Our volunteer program provides exciting and rewarding opportunities for caring people to provide help and comfort to the patients, families and team members at St. Joseph. We have a wide range of programs and assignments to offer.
Volunteers are needed in many departments, including Day Surgery, Emergency, Critical Care, nursing floors, Cancer Center, Manors, and our information desks. Find out about current opportunities we are recruiting for at Volunteer Help Needed or for complete listings of all assignments go to our Opportunity Directory (assignments are subject to availability and needs of the department).
Requirements to Volunteer:
- Be in good health
- Provide a letter of reference
- Complete interview
- Pass background screening
- Fulfill health and immunization requirements
- Tuberculosis testing
- Influenza Vaccination (required for all volunteers October 1-March 31)
- Complete hospital orientation
- Attend Orientation Session
- Attend Department Orientation
To apply to our program, please click on How to Become a Volunteer.
Specific Volunteer Programs
Learn more about some of our special volunteer programs
- Teen Volunteer Program (summer only)
- Caring Canines (pet therapy)
- Nightingale RN (registered nurses)
- Spiritual Care Volunteers
- Manor Volunteers (long-term care facilities in Bryan and Caldwell)
- Rural Volunteer Opportunities (facilities in Bellville, Caldwell, Madisonville, Navasota)
Log in to the St. Joseph Volunteer Information Center for registered users