Pathway to Surgery
There are several important steps to take to be eligible for Surgical Weight Loss surgery at St. Joseph.
1. Educational Seminar
Register to attend one of our free educational seminars (click here to register)
2. Verify Insurance Coverage
Call your insurance company to verify that they cover bariatric surgery.
If you do not have insurance coverage, St. Joseph offers a cash payment discount.
3. Initial Consultation
Choose a surgeon and set up initial consultation.
4. Pre-Operative Testing
After a complete examination, your surgeon will discuss surgical weight loss options and order the required pre-operative tests.
5. Pre-Operative Education Class
You will attend a 4-hour education class at St. Joseph which will cover:
1. Two-week pre-operative diet
2. Post-operative dietary progression
3. What to expect at the hospital
4. Signs & symptoms of complications
5. Importance of exercise
6. Social & Emotional Changes
6. Preregister & Surgery
Preregister with St. Joseph Regional Health Center
Surgery - patients are discharged after 1-2 nights in the hospital.
7. Follow-Up Appointments & Support Group Meetings
Keep follow-up appointments with your surgeon.
Attend monthly support group meetings